Sunday, November 3, 2013

Brunch at Rue 57

As much as I enjoyed walking around the Central Park neighborhoods with my camera, I also needed to get back to the conference because there were a couple of interesting afternoon sessions I wanted to attend. But first, I needed food, and so I stopped at Rue 57 for a lovely brunch. The place was packed! 
Lots of family groups seem to gather here. I saw groups of grandparents and babies along with parents. Lots of tourists taking pictures. In some restaurants they don't like to seat single parties; it's an economics thing because they take up a table that could be occupied by 2 or 3 people, but at Rue 57 the staff was gracious in seating me in a good location. I loved the rich wood decor!
The place was bustling but soon enough I was able to order my lobster-shrimp omelet with a mimosa-- a rarity for me! It was delicious!
Although a bit pricey, this was a wonderful brunch and I felt refreshed and ready to walk back to the conference!
Rue 57 seems to be a mid-town staple-- and I'd love to go back again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment