Saturday, August 30, 2014

Labor Day Weekend- Musings

It's Labor Day weekend in the US-- it signals the social end of summer because school starts right after Labor Day. For many, school started last week if not the week before, but after Labor Day, the summer ends seriously! Stores that have been stocked with back-to-school supplies will have a clearance sale and all the Halloween merchandise will now be put out.

Mentally, I'm not ready.  I had hoped to get in another beach trip, but instead, I'm cleaning my home office (which really needs it!). Reluctanctly, I cleared the beach paraphernalia out of my car and am loading it up with stuff to donate, take to the used book store, or consign. Besides emptying out my clothes closet, I am also purging the office. Yes, cleaning out is fruitful and I love the process!

Today started off with an impromptu trip to meet my daughter at Janssens Market for coffee... we were waiting for Talbot's to open because she needed to get uniform apparel for her new teaching job. The plus to this morning's experience was running into an old friend and colleague!

Sigh... all these things were good, but now I have to mentally prepare for the coming winter, which, according to the Old Farmer's Almanac, is supposed to be just as bad, if not worse, than last winter. So-- I will be shopping for some serious boots and a gorgeous cashmere sweater, and try to find a bargain southern getaway for Ed and I around the end of January. We deserve it- I just need to find someone to babysit the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment