Thursday, March 28, 2013

Trying Out... White Shoulders by Evyan

Ok, so if you've read my previous post about losing Clinique's Happy To Be as my favorite, long-time fragrance, you know about my efforts to find a replacement. I've been doing some searching online, and discovered a fabulous website that knows all things about fragrances! I've learned more about fragrances here than I have known all my life!

So... I've also learned that just because a fragrance is available at a drugstore counter does NOT mean it is a "cheap" fragrance! As a matter of fact, some of the fragrances I wore in college are now available in drugstores, and that's how I wound up revisiting an old time favorite, White Shoulders by Evyan. It's definitely not like the fragrances I've worn over the last 10+ years, but it is nice to revisit and I'm wearing it today. It has a deeper note to it and I do love the gardenia presence. I wouldn't wear this in the middle of the summer, but I do like it now when spring is still gloomy and grey. It's a comforting, floral fragrance and I don't think I'd wear it everyday. However, it's nice for a now and then scent. At just past twenty plus dollars, it's one to have in your fragrance wardrobe. Glad to rediscover and old friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment