Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lazy, Dreary March Saturday

It's a rainy, dreary, cold March Saturday, and besides running a few errands and following up on some work and research items, I've been lazy today. I did accomplish a brisk exercise walk this morning, and soon after it began to snow which turned into rain. I'd love to start a new book, but I'm afraid it will distract me from doctoral readings, so instead I've opted to check out Netflix. There I discovered a mini-series made for television that never actually aired in the US that I know of... The Kennedys. Even after all these years, can we ever get enough of the Kennedys? What I find most interesting is the blurring of lines between history and fiction... it's a natural phenomena, and I suppose, unavoidable when history is retold as a mass media story intended to entertain, and without the checks and balances of quality control and fact finding. That said, I am enjoying the series and reliving a bit of history on this cold and dreary Saturday in March. Tomorrow...start some work on coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment