Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Dilemma of Hair

Unlike most women, I hate having my hair done! However, mother nature and time have necessitated monthly visits to the hairdresser for "refreshing" the color of my dark tresses. For over 10 years I went to Michael Christopher's on Pennsylvania Avenue, and while I still have a soft spot for the salon and it feels like my hair "home," I've decided to expand my options and try another place. Hence, SILK. It's a tiny place, but Dani Wirt, my hairdresser is a BIG find!!! She's marvelous! Customer focused, always happy and cheerful, and willing to put up with my fickle changes of "long," "short," no "long again," etc. My naturally wavy hair isn't all that easy to maintain and if it isn't cut correctly, it flattens out and lays blah. The salon itself is faily new, not quite a year old, and small. It's tucked toward the back of a small strip shopping center. The shop is quite small, a negative, and the chairs are awful, another negative. However, I like the way Dani does my hair, so that's a positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment