Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mom's Taxi Service

It's the evening before Thanksgiving Day in the USA, and so I'm running "Mom's Taxi Service"! Already made a run up to the Philadelphia Airport to pick up Michael who flew in from San Diego. The airport was a zoo, of course! The worst part of the trip was driving to the airport, as traffic just screeches to a halt when 95 and 495 merge near Chester. From there it was a slow crawl to the airport. Thank goodness for the cell phone waiting lot! Got there early and enjoyed reading a book on my new Kindle paperwhite (makes me feel like a Nook traitor!). I even enjoyed watching the sunset as flights rolled in, were somewhat delayed, and cars lined up to fetch their human cargo. Now I am waiting for Sophia to come in on the Chinatown bus, which is notoriously unreliable and late! On the plus side is that it does make a stop in Wilmington, so I only have to take Fawn along with me to pick up her Mamma on 4th Street. Hopefully, this bus should get in by 11:30 PM, so I have enough time to make the jello salads before making the "taxi" run! In the USA, Thanksgiving weekend is the most heavily travelled day of the year...even more so than Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. No gifts or shopping craziness-- just a good meal with turkey as the central focus of the meal, and family togetherness. What could be more satisfying?

7 comments:

  1. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
    USA Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After study a few of the posts on this website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it and will be checking back soon.
    Taxis Lancaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that this is awesome blog, another good blog isdfw taxi service. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to say that this is awesome blog, another good blog isdfw taxi service. Keep up the good work!
    taxi amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Taxi Services

    ReplyDelete