Sunday, November 25, 2012

Eggs Florentine

It's Sunday morning at the end of Thanksgiving weekend and so I must make my Eggs Florentine and Dutch Pancakes as a last hurrah to the weekend before various children depart. I have to give credit where credit is due because this recipe originally came from my sister. Through the years I have modified it somewhat by adding the hot sauce and making this completey vegetarian.
While the Eggs Florentine are in the oven, I make the Dutch pancakes, which take a longer while to take-- it's really an exercise in patience! This recipe is really in-exact, as it takes experience to learn how much milk and how much flour to add to the batter.
Usually the first 2-3 pancakes are too thick and when I get the "feel" for how they should be, then I adjust the batter with some more milk until it's just right. They are especially good with freshly whipped cream and fruit-- our favorite is blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment