Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Mornings

It's a slow Tuesday morning and I need my coffee and the newspaper, and check my email in peace before I can start the day.
It is the first half of the Fall semester, and because I teach at the Air Force base on Monday evenings, I always need a second cup of coffee before I can really get moving to start my day! I picked up a cannister of Pumpkin Spice coffee at Trader Joe's last Saturday (it's become my favorite Saturday shopping place!), and although I hadn't had this before, it's a nice cofee. Even Ed likes it-- which says a lot!
The house is quiet because Ed's off teaching his Tuesday morning class, Phil is off to his classes, and Lili is substitute teaching today. So now it's just the dog and I-- so peaceful! My brain is slowly starting to wake up and I must make a list of today's must-do's. First I have to take notes on what I promised my students last night on what to include in next week's lecture... this class is so much fun to teach! It's designed to explore the human response to disaster, and we watch disaster movies, correlate the human response with what happened in a corresponding real-life disaster, and then I introduce the principles of Emergency Management. Hopefully, society will gain a few more people who can be helpful and productive in helping others when either natural or technological disasters arise! Ok-- the dog has waited patiently, so now up and at'em to give Fawnie some quality time before I head off to work.

2 comments:

  1. fawn WAITED PATIENTLY?!? that's not the fawnie i know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, those moments are far and few between!

    ReplyDelete