Thursday, September 27, 2012

September Beach Interlude

Yesterday I took time out of my day to just go sit on the beach for 30 minutes.
It was good to see people still enjoying the beach-- on these gorgeous days with temps in the 80's and in what is now the "off-season" beach-going is a joy! No crowds, parking available, and enough room to walk on the boardwalk and be able to see ahead! This used to be my favorite beach time when we lived in Virginia Beach years ago. With my small size order of Thrashers fries in hand, (yes I know, this was not so good for the diet, but can I beg forgiveness because it was the only one I've had all summer?)... and those noisy seagulls around me, I just watched the waves roll in. Doing nothing with the mind, not even thinking... but just being...is something we don't do enough of these days.
Things done infrequently are so easily forgotten! I had forgotten how much I love just sitting on the beach, and so I'm hoping for more warm weather days to just sneak out for short interludes to refresh the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment