Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Perfect Cup in Hockessin

The Perfect Cup Cafe is a hometown gathering for Hockessinites. On Sunday mornings it is the place where church-goers gather after mass to have breakfast or just a cup of The Perfect Cup's sugnature coffee Snickerdoodle. During the week you will see business meetings held there, mothers with toddlers, and retirees having coffee with friends. It's the place where Hockessinites gather to meet other Hockessinites. I have a love-hate relationship with this place! Why?
Because this place serves food cooked on small little hot plates with no venting. After walking out the door, don't be surprised if your clothes smell like food! I've had to either toss what I had been wearing in the wash or send it to the dry cleaners because the place has no ventilation in the food prep area. This morning after church we went there for breakfast, and I ordered the breakfast burrito pictured below.
I've had their breakfast burritos before, but this was the first one I had had with sausage patties, in the burrito. Sausage patties? Really? Come on... and when I asked about the cheese in the burrito, I was told that they put in one slice of cheese, "It's not a whole bunch" the cook told me. I counted perhaps 2-3 little pieces of pepper, the 3-4 pieces of onion, and the salsa was miniscule. I did taste a whole lot of egg, no sour cream-- so what was breakfast burrito about this breakfast burrito??? Not a whole lot. So my relationship with The Perfect Cup? Let's just say it's on a downward slide for now and I will be looking for options for Sunday mornings...

No comments:

Post a Comment