Thursday, April 11, 2013

Perfect Perfumes!

If you've read one of my earlier posts about how I'd lost my favorite fragrance because Clinique had stopped making Happy To Be, then you know how I have been on a search for that perfect fragrance to replace it! This is hard because I've worn Happy To Be since it came out in 2005! This fragrance had staying power on me, had a fresh scent, and I always received compliments on it when I wore it. So finding something new has not been easy...

I began with trying to find something to replace it that smelled similar to Happy To Be and that's how I found Bvlgari's Mon Jasmine Noir. It's fresh, but doesn't have the staying power of my old fragrance. Yes, if you click the link you can see a small bottle at Nordstrom's sets you back the big bucks. But how can anyone put a price on the perfect scent? Besides, the bottle is gorgeous-- an architectural wonder of sorts!


I then found a perfume website that is chock full of information and educated me on all sorts of information about perfumes!!! How I have learned about top notes, middle notes, and base notes of perfumes... it's been a pleasant journey but has led me to wanting to try all sorts of different fragrances.

Fragrantica provided information about which other scent comes closest to Happy To Be and that's how I found Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for Women. Surprise, surprise, this one I love! It has staying power, smells fresh, and my daughter noted that she liked it on me!!!
I have also tried Chloe, an entirely different fragrance but one I've also come to like so much! It's a bit heavier, but yet not too heavy. I like the staying power of this frgarance as well, and the upside-- it is relatively inexpensive! I think I found mine at a Ross Department Store.
One of the things I have learned in my search for the perfect fragrance to replace an old favorite is that there are many fragrances out there that I like, and it may be time for me to expand and develop a "fragrance wardrobe"!  Life is too short to stick with just one thing, so for a while at least, I'll be using a different fragrance every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment