Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Red Wine

Love this new red wine! When the wine store Next to the UPS store didn't have my usual Bolla Bardolino, I opted for this one. The label says this is a dry red but it tastes very smooth! This is a Montepulciano from the Abruzzo region in Italy and I can't remember the last time I drank a Montepulciano! Years ago we used to buy Montepulciano wines by the case, but then we opted to explore other reds. I often go in and out of red wine modes-- and have been on a Sauvignon Blanc kick for quite a while. But now, I'm rediscovering some wonderful reds! This particular wine is called Cantina Zaccagnini, and while it isn't the cheapest at $16.99 a bottle, but it is well worth the price.
Postscript: This wine has received good reviews from others who have tried it. Both The Savvy Lush and Moms Who Need Wine have tried this one and liked it. However, I think I may have overpaid for mine because everyone else seems to quite prices between $12.99 and $14.99 per bottle. Oh well, I guess that's Greenville!

No comments:

Post a Comment