Saturday, June 28, 2014

Elizabeth in New York

Then, we took Elizabeth to New York for a few days. I went along to finally meet Tait, Sophia's significant other. We took the bus from Wilmington...
Then, after walking 10 blocks and up 3 flights of stairs and then 6 more blocks, we finally had a lovely brunch at a little French place. Here's my beautiful gang! After brunch we parted company as they went on to the Mermaid Festival on Coney Island and I went back to catch my bus back to DE at the Port Authority...

Here they are racing surreys with friends. Heard about this! No hands, no brakes???
Watching the World Cup outdoors. 
Sleepy time...
Nightime NYC from the top of Tait's apartment building...
This must have been taken on the ferry going to Governor's Island, where they watched the World Cup outdoors. This was also the famous ferry ride where some fool, on a dare from friends, jumped off the ferry...
Kayaking on the Hudson...
Libby & Lili in Central Park...
On top of the Empire State Building...
At the MOMA...
Don't these two look like sisters? 
On the bus ride (that I almost didn't get on) to NYC. Peter Pan buses (owned by Greyhound) require that you produce a paper ticket in order to board the bus. I was so busy making sure the girls had all of their paperwork that I left mine on the kitchen table, and only through a last second plea to the bus driver was I able to get on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment