Sunday, August 4, 2013

Channeling My Inner Julia

I've been in the mood to make some lasagna but with a different kind of sauce-- what I really want to make is a combination red sauce and bechamel white sauce to make it an aurora sauce. I've checked a few recipes on line, and have come up with a plan for making my own, special lasagna.
I started by sauteing onions, freshly chopped cloves of garlic, and then added baby bella mushrooms. 
 The bechamel sauce is basically a combination of butter, flour, and cream with salt & pepper.
 To add flavor, I added this wonderful aged presciutto!
 Of course, we can't forget a glass of bubbly for the cook!
 Next, came some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. 
 I also added some peas...
 Here it is assembled... of course, I made way too much because I don't know how to cook for just 2 people! I'm used to cooking for a tribe!
So, here is what the results were before baking...2 pans will go into the oven and the small green dish will be dinner for Ed and I this evening. 
Voila! Inner Julia satisfied!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment