Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Doing Christmas Cards

I have to admit that I'm known for skipping sending Christmas cards because some years it seems like a chore... but this year is different. I was inspired in Holland where I bought some Dutch Christmas cards to send out to American friends and family.
Of course, then I also needed to get American Christmas cards to send out to Dutch friends and family! I settled for Unicef cards figuring they'd also do some good for children somewhere.
When I do send out Christmas cards I also like to get out my stamps and decorate the envelopes. It may seem so silly, but I just love doing this! It always reminds me of my childhood in Holland where one year I received a stamping set from Sinterklaas. They were alphabet stamps, along with a few farm animals.
Guess some things from childhood always stay with us... like some children may remember a favorite toy or truck, I remember those stamps. This year I'm having fun sending Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment