Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sit-A-Spell


The warmth of summer days naturally brings us outside much more than the rest of the year. One of the joys for me is to sit outside and drink my coffee, sit outside with the dog close by, or just sit outside to ponder my thoughts.
That last phrase alone made me think about what it means to ponder one’s thoughts… does that mean:
• To think about thinking?
• To stare into space and think nothing?
• To gather one’s thoughts so as to plan a day, think through a problem, or think about something?
I guess it means all of these things. But then again, does one have to sit and think? Can I just sit and be? I wonder what others have to say about this.

While the weather allows and the mosquitos don’t bite I will continue to “sit a spell” and eventually work on an explaining of what that means and how I came by that phrase .

No comments:

Post a Comment