Monday, September 19, 2011

More on Sit-A-Spell

Very quickly the weather has turned from a balmy 80-plus degrees in the morning to a cool fifty-something. Drinking coffee outside now requires wearing a sweatshirt or jacket. How quickly things change! I've also done a little research on the origins American Southern expression meaning to sit with someone and visit. Since I first heard the expression in the US North, I dub this more as an American colloquialism, rather than a "Southernism." In any event, I do enjoy those minutes outside while Fawn goes
parktime and I drink my cofee and sit-- gathering my thougts and enjoying the sunflowers :). Some of the trees are already losing their leaves, and the Old Farmer's Almanac has forecasted a wet and stormy winter season for Winter 2012-- so we will wait to see what's in store for us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Have been enjoying reading your blog! Very fresh and down to earth.
    Found these funny book bags online the other day. A must have for anyone who loves wine and book clubs! Where one is, the other is not far away :)
    http://www.joyofex.org/product/book-wine-bag

    ReplyDelete