Friday, October 1, 2010

End of September at the Beach





The end of September marks the last of summer... it's also my favorite time of the year at the beach.

This week I was downstate on work related business, and took advantage of taking a walk on the beach just as the waves were churning up a froth ahead of a storm. I wasn't the only person wlking on the beach-- there must be something in the human spirit that seeks out the sea. For me, walking on the beach has the same effect as doing yoga-- everything leaves my mind and I can let go and just "be."

My favorite place to go is Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. There's something refreshing about wind and waves-- ever notice how a storm has a cleansing effect on the air and how the sky seems crisp and clean afterwards?

No comments:

Post a Comment