Friday, September 10, 2010

Waiting, waiting, and waiting...

This morning I had the maddening experience of getting in my car, turned the key, slight crank, and then dead battery! Luckily everyone was at home so I had no problem getting a jump start. Off to the Sears garage I went-- the man behind the counter: "New battery? No problem! 45 minutes." The waiting room was filled with all sorts of people over the age of 70. One poor lady had been there for hours and it seemed as though every 45 minutes the mechanics would come in to tell her that yet another thing was wrong with her car! She got pretty smart though because she walked right into the garage and stood there watching them work. As for me? Two and a half hours later, I had still not been pulled into the garage! Finally, after another 20 minutes I was free to leave. The worst part about all this? I didn't have my Nook with me, nor anything else interesting to read. Lesson learned? ALWAYS take the Nook or a book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment