Sunday, September 5, 2010

Discovering What the Rest of the World Already Knows

Honestly, how is it that I never knew about Corona and lime? We discovered a local Mexican restaurant and I ordered a beer. I know! It's not wine...but seemed to fit the place and menu better than wine. So I ordered a Corona and it came with a wedge of lime. I felt like I'd discovered something new but then my kids proceeded to let me know that the "rest of the world had already discovered this" eons ago...hmmm... it wasn't too long ago that I was teaching my kids how to cross the street and look out for traffic...

Oh well-- I do like Corona with lime, even if, according to my offspring, it's sooo "done", "over with", and not cool anymore because it tastes awful. I don't care-- sometimes you just have to stick with what you like because you really like it, even if the "rest" of the world has already tossed it aside.

Honestly "living" life is so much like marching to your own drum beat, and mine seems to have a different beat from most others'! Here's to beer and lime wedges everywhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment