Thursday, August 12, 2010

Finally, The Wine!


OK- so this blog is called "The Wine Sisters Book Club" and so far my posts have been about books, so you might ask what about the wine? Tonight I'm in Atlanta getting ready for 4 days of intense conference gatherings and session attending! I picked up one of those small (meant as wine for 2 glasses) bottles of Parducci Chardonnay Vintage 2008 from the Mendocino, CA vinyards. From the label I see that this is a "family owned" label with a "sustainable winegrowing" mark on the label. Not sure what that means... The back of the label lists the qualities that, I guess, explain what sustainable winegrowing is. The list includes * locally owned and operated; * grapes from family farms; * sustainable farming practices; * 100% green power; * earth friendly packaging; and * carbon neutral. OK- all noble I'm sure but the wine still comes in a bottle with a metal screw cap (to make it user friendly for hotel guests), so by my count it still contributes to the waste system, right?

I really don't know a thing about wines except there are reds and there are whites. Some are heavy and some are light. Then there is the dry factor, and I'm finding that I like dry wines over sweeter ones.

OK- now for the taste test-- nice aroma... I sense a touch of sweetness in this chardonnay and I'm not sure that I like it. However, it will not go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment