Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just Finished Reading...

Lunch+in+Paris.jpg">Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard. OK- honesty check here-- this was really my daughter's find and I stole it from her long enough to read it. Who doesn't love Paris? Even if you've never been there it's fun to imagine being in Paris. This book was a lovely trip to Paris through the eyes of an American who fell in love with a Frenchman and French food. This book is a combination love story and recipe book. It's an easy read and a fun escape-- now I'm ready to try my hand at a few of those recipes... which inspired me to make brownies out of a box (oh sacre blue!) but it's all I had in the cabinet. Besides, in an effort to clean out the pantry (the youngest child moved back home after graduating from college with more food staples than I moved half-way across the country after she was born!!) I made brownies last night but the husband thought they were too "chocolatty." Those were Ghiradello. Tonight I made the Hershey triple chocolate brownies. The verdict? Husband likes Hershey's brownies better. And me? I've concluded that don't even like brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment