Saturday, September 6, 2014

Scarborough New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc

This has been one of my favorite summer wines since I first discovered it in 2012. It's crisp and just a little fruity-- perfect on a warm summer day. I fell in love with this wine even before I knew it was from New Zealand (not that I know what difference that makes!).
However, wines seem more fun to me now because I like to look them up and learn more about where they come from and where and how the grapes are grown. This Starborough Sauvignon Blanc is from New Zealand, and I gladly admit that I love wines with caps that screw off so that I don't have to struggle with finding a cork screw, or when I'm out and about, hunting down something to pull out a cork! 

For instance, I didn't know, until I looked it up, that this winery is located on New Zealand's south island. The winery's website also has a special page dedicated to this wine. I love the winemaker notes which explain the specifics of the weather and how it affected the grape in any given year. 

It's rare that a wine sticks with me the way this one has... but it's clearly a winner!

2 comments:

  1. Buy at your own risk. My wife got terribly sick after drinking a glass of this wine. She had some kind of allergic reaction to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. luxury home builders pa

    ReplyDelete