Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Engineering A Sewing Project

Feeling my domestic goddess mood that cannot be quenched unless I try my hand at sewing this camera cozy... Have seen them online but decided I wanted to make my own. I unearthed the Bernina from underneath piles if stuff in the corner of the bedroom, but found out it needed servicing as the lever was frozen in the up position. Off to Hayes Sewing Machine it went. The bad news is that it will take a week to fix, so in this age of instant gratification, what's a domestic goddess to do? Then I found this little Sunbeam for beginners- it's so cute!
It weighs 2.5 pounds. It's small, but larger than a child sized machine. It does all the basic stitches and comes pre-threaded! Oh joy of joys! Of course, it is nowhere in the league of my wonderful Bernina, but is helping me get my sewing "fix" under control! I've had my Bernina since 1983 and it has been a wonderful tool. It just is undergoing a major cleaning and adjustment since I haven't sewn much in the last ten years.
Actually, this little Sunbeam is perfect for apartment dwellers with little space to store things...

Postscript: Cute as it was, this little machine did skip a lot of stitches, so I returned it. Such a shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment