Saturday, May 4, 2013

Derby Day!


It's Derby Day! Aways a special event to be religiously watched on TV at my house... that's because Ed was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky! In our dating days, we'd always go down for Derby weekend and go to the Kentucky Oaks races (the day before the Derby).  My son, Michael, attended the Derby for years with friends-- so it's definitely a Bishop family interest. My picks for this year's race (after doing a bit of internet searching) are:
Revolutionary to win

Verrazano to place
Orb to show
Of course, I'm also rooting for two history makers this year: Kevin Krigger as the first Black jockey to ride in the Derby...

 and Rosie Napravnik as the first woman to jockey a horse in the Derby.
The most moving part of this show will be when they play My Old kentucky Home... 

 
Looking forward to later today to see what happens, although I'll be juggling a work engagement at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment