Monday, January 28, 2013

Yesterday's Commencement

Commencement is always a day long event as we conduct 3 ceremonies, with Colleges grouped by size. It's a joyful time as we watch our students graduate, and it's also joyful to see fellow colleagues wear the new academic regalia showing their new elevated status of academic achievement! So it was yesterday when Stephanie wore her new gard showing she was now Dr. Stephanie!
I loved seeing her in her new robes because this is my goal as well!
There's a pomp and circumstance to commencement that I love, and I do love seeing my colleagues in their regalia because they look so handsome!
And, of course, there's always one outlier in any group, and for us this is our beloved John as he wears a purple medieval beefeaters verson of the doctoral tam...
...and, if you look closely, you can see the he also wears a long feather in his hat. No one else wears this, so this is uniquely John! I like it though. It's always good to have someone in the group push the limits a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment