Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Born

On this Mother's Day I just have to reflect on becoming and being a mother... and it's the first born who made it so! This is my first born... the baby who introduced me to motherhood... the baby I doted on, was so very protective of, and now a handsome young man making his own way in the world. Here he is at the Kentucky Derby, which he likes to attend every year. Like many mothers have experienced, this was the devilish child who sometimes drove me crazy, and the obstinate teenager who exasperated me. He was always full of spirit, and has a drive which gives him a strength of character. This is my son who stll likes to come home for the holidays, and calls home to say "Hi" and wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I'm such a lucky Mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment