Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Pool at the HAC


Even though I'm a lousy swimmer I really enjoy swimming in the pool at my club! It's a salt water pool. I haven't been in months, but my recent efforts to get back into motion, first by walking everyday and now adding swimming to the mix, makes me feel good. As they say "a body in motion stays in motion" and I know I need to keep moving just to keep from getting stiff! My poor arthritic ankles do so much better h=when I walk and swim-- and even the rotator cuff tear appears to heal after a while :). I'm just lucky in that we have such a great athletic club in the area-- and everytime I do go, I thank my lucky stars for it. There's just something about being in the water that seems to restful and soothing-- even when working up a sweat and doing those laps!

No comments:

Post a Comment