Friday, August 3, 2012

What's In A Name?

I have a very dear friend whose mother is experiencing the early stages of Alzheimers-- but then, she's also 92 years old so it may just be a strain on the brain of having so many memories after living such a long time! However, Stephanie's mother, although I have never met her, knows me. She calls me "Kookla"... and I think it's a great name! She can't remember my Dutch name Joka, so Kookla is as close as she gets, although in the past she has also called me Ocra and Orca. I think I like Kookla really well because it's better than being called a vegetable or a killer whale! So if I have decide to write my memoirs, I will definitely have to take a nom de plume, and Kookla sounds like a really good option. Thank you Alice!

No comments:

Post a Comment